This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.



When we close at 2.00pm for training purposes. If you require urgent medical assistance which cannot wait until the surgery re-opens please dial 111.


 Together for Mental Wellbeing


Help is at hand if you or anyone you know Is suffering from Domestic Abuse: National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247

Safeguarding advice and help to support children:

NSPCC helpline: 0808 800 5000 If you're worried about a child, even if you're unsure, contact NSPCC professional counsellors for help, advice and support. Childline 0800 1111: Offers free, confidential advice and support for any child 18 years or under, whatever the worry.

Help and Support for Mental Health:

MIND: Mental Health Support with specific advice on ‘Coronavirus and your wellbeing’.

Supporting children and young people and their parents/ carers with their mental health and wellbeing. Specific advice on managing self-isolation and anxiety about coronavirus.

Babies cry: You can cope.

Specific resources for domestic abuse and COVID:


We always aim to deliver a safe, caring and efficient service to all of our patients; but

if you feel that this has not happened, then we would want to know about it, so that we 

can address the area causing concern and put things right.


Patients may make a complaint or comment on the provision of our services verbally or in writing to the Practice Manager - Mrs Gail Pyatt.

Please see below our procedure for the investigation of complaints

Mrs Gail Pyatt Practice Manager, coordinates the complaints procedure on behalf of the practice.

Your complaint should be submitted as soon as possible after the event giving rise to your concerns, either verbally or in writing. Your complaint will be investigated by the Practice Manager or The Partners of the Practice.

Your complaint will be acknowledged in writing within two working days and a report on the investigation will be sent to you within seven working days. If the investigation is to take longer than seven days, you will be informed together with the reasons for the delay. On completion of the investigation you will be given a full explanation.

Your complaint will in no way have any impact on the treatment you receive from clinicians and administrative staff at the Practice. You can be assured that YOUR care is our priority

A full copy of the complaints procedure can be obtained from the Practice Manager at the surgery.


We have a suggestion/comments box in reception or you can give us feedback on our website.  All suggestions are shared with our Patient Participation Group - Barton Patient Group (BPG).  The Friends and Family Feedback is also published on our website.

You can make your complaint to the practice or directly to NHS England (but not to both) should your complaint not be resolved to your satisfaction you can then contact the Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) contact details below.

NHS Primary Care Complaints

Since 2009 NHS patients wishing to complain about primary care services can take their complaint to either the provider (such as the GP or dental practice) or the commissioner, NHS England – but not both.

From 1 August 2015 the NHS England North Midlands Complaints Service will be responsible for the investigation of all NHS England complaints relating to primary care provided in Staffordshire & Shropshire as well as Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire.

Although the North Midlands Complaints Service has offices in Mansfield in Nottinghamshire and Anglesey House in Rugeley, all new complaints need to be sent to the NHS England Customer Contact Centre, who will log the complaint and forward it to the relevant office.


You can contact the Customer Contact Centre:


Post:           NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT


Telephone:    0300 311 22 33

If patients are not satisfied with the way their complaint has been dealt with by the provider or commissioner, they can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO)


Post:           The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower


Telephone:    0345 015 4033


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website